Business and social ministry leaders will find this list of web resources beneficial in understanding the movement to doing Business as Mission or Transformational Business.
Web Links on Transformational Business
Web Links on Globalization and Global Business Practices
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- US Department of State - Embassies, Consulates, Missions
- World Bank
- US Department of Commerce - Trade
- US Department of Education - International Business Programs
- United Nations
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
- University of Michigan - Resources of Foreign Countries
- NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement)
- Michigan State - Global Site
- Michigan State University - International Business Center
- Library of Congress - Global Gateway
- International Monetary Fund
- Global Education Network
- US State Department - Travel Warnings
- Global Business Education Committee
- European Union (EU)
- Economist - Country Briefings
- Council on International Education Exchange
- CIA World Factbook
Books and Publications
Featured Quote: Is your business transforming individuals and society? Here is one simple test - 1. Would your employees say that you treat them well? 2. would the community in which you lived say that your company (employees) are being a postive force in the community. 3. Can you say you are passionate about both #1 & #2.?
- Yamamori, Tetsunao, and Kenneth A. Eldred, (2003). On Kingdom Business: Transforming Missions Through Entrepreneurial Strategies, (Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books.
- Silvoso, Ed. (2007). Transformation. Ventura, CA: Regal Books.
- Rundle, S.L. (2003). Great commission companies: The emerging role of business as missions. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press
- Pinder, J.,& Usherwood, S. (2008). The European union: A very short introduction. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Roberts, B. Jr. (2007). Glocalization. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.
- Nash, Laura, Ken Blanchard and Scotty McLennan, (2001). Church on Sunday, Work on Monday: The Challenge of Fusing Christian Values with Business Life, (San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Khanna, T. (2007). Billions of Entrepreneurs: How China and India are reshaping their future and yours. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- Novak, Michael, (1996). Business as a Calling: Work and the Examined Life, (New York, NY: The Free Press.
- Friedman, T.L. (2007). The world is flat 3.0: A brief history of the twenty-first century. New York, NY: Picador
- Fishman, T.C. (2006). China Inc.: How the rise of the next superpower challenges America and the world. New York, NY: Scribner.
- Guinnes, O. (2003). The Call: finding and fulfilling the central purpose of life. Nashville, TN: W. Publishing Group, Thomas Nelson.
- Beckett, J.D. (1998). Loving Monday. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press.